We all know that we should think more positively. But, it’s not easy to change our thinking. Our thought processes quickly become habits that are challenging to change.
Affirmations are one way to take control of your thinking. Not only are you thinking something positive when you repeat an affirmation, but you’re also avoiding a negative thought at the same time. That’s progress!
You might think that you know all about affirmations, but many of the common assumptions are incorrect. There’s no point in wasting your time with affirmations that are doomed to fail. Educate yourself about affirmations before spending any time and energy on them.
Use these ideas to make the most of affirmations:
1. Understand the characteristics of an effective affirmation:
○ The affirmation must be in the present tense, such as, “I eat healthy food each day.” A poor affirmation is: “I will eat healthy food each day.” That statement is in the future tense.
○ An affirmation must be positive. “I don’t eat unhealthy food,” is an example of our same affirmation stated in the negative, which doesn’t work effectively either.
2. List your current weaknesses. The lower-rated areas of your life are dragging you down. It’s best to create affirmations that address your weaknesses. Make a list of what you consider to be your weaknesses as a first step.
○ Which weakness is causing you the greatest trouble? Which one would you choose to turn around if you could?
3. Create 3-5 affirmations that address your greatest weakness. There are thousands of affirmations you can find online, or feel free to invent your own. Make a list and then choose a couple that gives you the greatest emotional boost when you read them.
4. Avoid engaging in negative thought patterns. Negative thoughts undo your positive thoughts. It’s like bailing water from a leaking boat. You can’t make real progress until you stop the leaks. When you notice you’re having a negative thought, stop yourself and repeat your affirmations to yourself.
5. Use your affirmations in different forms. Avoid just thinking about your affirmations to yourself. There are many other options. Use them all. Cover all the bases and you’ll be more likely to experience success.
○ Read them.
○ Speak them aloud.
○ Record and listen to them.
○ Visualize yourself acting as if the affirmation were reality.
○ Repeat them to yourself silently.
6. Use your affirmations throughout the day, but also use a schedule. Set aside five minutes, three times each day, to repeat your affirmation
FREE GIFT: Ultimate Brainwave MP3!
BOOST your ENERGY. Activate your FOCUS. Download Your FREE Copy of the 'Brain Salon' Brainwave MP3s!
Rocket Your Productivity - FREE MP3!
Are you ready to get MORE done, in LESS time - using one simple MP3?
Get to sleep FAST - listen to this Mp3!
Scientifically-proven brainwave MP3 sends you to sleep - in just minutes. Immediate MP3 download!
Download Your FREE Relaxation MP3!
"The Most Powerful Self-Development Technology on Earth!" Download your Brain Evolution Demo! FREE!
Buzzsprout - Let's get your podcast launched!
Start for FREE
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/DonWeyant)
To learn even more about meditation, visit our main website at MeditationLifeSkills.com!
And welcome to surfing. I want you to find a place to lay down or to sit. That's very comfortable for you.Speaker 1:
I want you to take a couple deep breaths.Speaker 1:
All of that negativity.Speaker 1:
Just let it all out.Speaker 2:
Make sure that you're completely relaxed your head, your shoulders. Yeah . So if you're sinking into the ground, And as you're saying these affirmations, I want you to imagine them penetrating okaySpeaker 1:
Into your body,Speaker 2:
Penetrating into your mind, going into your past your now and your future. Imagine these affirmations penetrating into your DNASpeaker 1:
And just soaking it in.Speaker 2:
Repeat after me, I am networking with all the right people.Speaker 1:
I am opening doors that will bring me success. I am recognizing mine .Speaker 1:
I am feeling grateful for the success I am experiencing.Speaker 1:
Thank you universe for the bountiful, abundance. You bestow on me. I am making wise decisions. I am going with the flow. I am taking time out for myself when I need toSpeaker 1:
My business is growing.Speaker 1:
Thank you universe.Speaker 2:
Thank you for my growing business.Speaker 1:
Yes .Speaker 2:
So grateful for the growth that I am experiencing.Speaker 1:
I am making productsSpeaker 2:
That customers want and love. My products are highly wanted and needed. I am always receiving positive feedback about the products I see .Speaker 1:
The products I sell, help people I am doing so well that in return, I am helping others succeed.Speaker 1:
Take a moment nowSpeaker 2:
While the music is continuing and imagine what you want your business to look like The cells you want to make every month And the type of customer you want to sell to.Speaker 1:
Take a moment to imagine what you will buy And what you will do with all the money that you are about to receive. And while you were imagining all of these things, make sure that you feel incredibly grateful for them as if you already have it .Speaker 1:
Feel the gratitude just well up in your heart and burst out of your heart, chakra and flow into the universe.Speaker 1:
[inaudible] [inaudible] .